- Unemployment in Pittsburgh climbed from 7.4 % in July to 7.8% in August. It is this bad all over the state. [Post-Gazette] Good morning to you too.
- On a positive note, law school applications are down dramatically: there’s an 18.7 % decline in students who registered for the LSAT this year from last year. [Star-Tribune] via [Above the Law]
- Computergate defendants throw former House Speaker Speaker John Perzel under the bus. [Post Gazette]
- Alameda County Bar Association’s Hispanic Attorneys Association, Lawyers Insurance Committee, and ACLU meet today. [ACBA]
- Above the Law weighs in on Justice Scalia’s speech at Duquesne University. [Above the Law] Apparently, the good Justice urged the school to maintain single sex dorms. What better thing for a Supreme Court justice to discuss with students about to graduate into a disintegrating economy amid all sorts of controversy about civil liberties and the role of the judicial system in America?