- Highmark’s insurance rating is being reviewed “with negative implications” in light of its deal to buy West Allegheny Health System. Right now, Highmark’s rating is “excellent.” [Trib]
- U.S. Supreme Court considers reliability of eyewitness statements at criminal trials. [NYT]
- Oh, geez. Allegations of an organized fight club in the SCI Fayette Prison, complete with a mixed martial arts style ring. Supposedly the guards bet on fight outcomes and the winner gets to run a store behind bars. [CBS Local]
- Average debt load for Pennsylvania college graduates increased 5.5 percent last year. [Trib]
- Meanwhile, even those lucky enough to work at top-tier firms haven’t had a pay scale raise in nearly five years. [Above the Law]
- Post-Gazette calls on legislators to force Highmark and UPMC to work it out already if they can’t get to the table themselves. [Post-Gazette]. I concur.