- Congratulations to Judge Wecht (Democrat) and Judge Covey (Republican), who both won elections for state appellate judgeships last night. [PoliticsPa]
- Congratulations to Judge Mike Marmo and Judge Alexander P. Bicket, Court of Common Pleas. [Trib]
- Congratulations to District Judges Tara L. Smith, Robert P. Dzvonick, Carolyn Saldari Bengel, Jeffrey L. Herbst, Thomas P. Caulfield, Kim M. Hoots, Robert L. Barner, William K. Wagner, Thomas R. Torkowsky, Robert C. Wyda, Dennis R. Joyce, Gene Ricciardi, Ron Costa, Linda I. Zucco, Hugh F. McGough, James J. Hanley, Jr., Carla M. Swearingen, Bob Ford, David J. Sosovicka, Mary Ann Cercone, Randy C. Martini, and Richard G. King. Sheesh, that is a lot of judges! [Trib]
- Energy companies won two out of three elections. Peters Township and Warren County voters rejected bids to ban Marcellus Shale drilling, but State College voters passed a ban on drilling. [Post-Gazette]
- Allegheny library tax passed by a wide margin. [Post-Gazette]
- Fitzgerald (Democrat) beat Raja (Republican) in a convincing 24-point victory for County Executive, after a bitterly fought campaign. [Trib]
- Republicans swept Westmoreland County, ending a 60-year reign by Democrats. [Trib] Democrats keep Allegheny County row offices. [Trib]
- The Tribune posted an easy-to-read table of election results here.