- Orrick’s Wheeling, WV office is hiring a career associate in their corporate practice group. Wheeling is about an hour away from here. Career associates make less money than regular associates and will never, ever be partners — but they only work 40 hours per week, get great benefits, and get to tell people they work for Orrick. Above the Law has had lots to say about the career associate career path.
- One of the big law firms is hiring a conflicts and risk management attorney. I can’t tell who it is from the advertisement. They are willing to consider someone with zero years experience.
- Reed Smith is hiring a staff attorney, which looks like it’s along the lines of the career associate position, except with a focus on legal research and discovery. And, undoubtedly, document review.
- Also, Reed Smith is hiring an e-discovery attorney. I know people who have done document review at Reed Smith and apparently they have good coffee and a lovely cafeteria. It is the Ritz Carlton of document review.
- Fox Rothschild is hiring a litigation associate. This job listing has been around forever, but it keeps showing up as new, so what the heck. I just personally applied for it, if that’s any kind of endorsement.
- What am I missing?