- The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional, DOJ attorneys told a federal judge in Pennsylvania who requested briefing on the issue. The judge had asked for briefing on the issue in a case over whether a deceased attorney’s domestic partner can collect the money from a profit sharing plan. [Legal Intelligencer]
- Keevicam Weiss poached two partners from Obermeyer Rebmann Maxwell & Hipper and one associate from Thorpe Reed. [Business Times] Let the New Year’s job swapping begin!
- Pittsburgher and former K&L lawyer Rick Santorum nearly won Iowa last night. Here’s a roundup of some of his statements on the judiciary and the 10th Amendment. [WSJ]
- Yesterday was the first day to appeal new Allegheny County property tax reassessments and people came out in droves. [Trib]
- Cliff Tuttle wonders about the point of occupying BNY Mellon in 11 degree weather after the publicity has died down. [Pittsburgh Legal Backtalk]