This is semi-stale news, but Monday’s Post-Gazette ran a semi-adorable tidbit about a chance meeting between the craggy Supreme Court Justice and our Governor. It is probably no surprise that both men enjoy mild cigars and the Waldorf-Astoria; health care reform, not so much.
- Reed Smith is hiring a staff attorney, and it looks like they’ll take someone pretty entry-level. [Indeed.com]
- Mylan is hiring a senior contracts analyst in its Canonsburg office. This is not at attorney job, but I’ve heard a law degree helps. [Mylan]
- Highmark is hiring an attorney with about four years’ experience. [Highmark]
- Nalco Consulting, whoever that is, is hiring an e-discovery attorney. [Craigslist]
- Also, some oil and gas company is hiring a law clerk to do title searches and whatnot for upwards of $70,000 per year. [Craigslist]
Via the Posse List, a great resource for contract attorneys
Email best viewed with images.
The Posse List
December 7, 2012
The mission of the Judicial Intern Opportunity Program is to provide opportunities to students who are members of racial and ethnic groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the profession. The program also provides opportunities to students with disabilities, students who are economically disadvantaged and students who identify themselves as LGBT.
Launched in 2001 by the ABA Section of Antitrust Law and led since 2003 by the ABA Section of Litigation.
Since the beginning, there have been:
- 5,140 Screening Interviews
- 1,630 Internships
- 80 Program Orientations & Welcome Receptions
- Partnerships with sponsoring law firms, state & local bar associations, other ABA sections & countless judges
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2013 Judicial Intern Opportunity Program for second-year law students (2L). Applications for first-year law students (1L) will be accepted December 1st, in accordance with NALP Guidelines. Applications must be submitted by January 4, 2013.
For details click here.
Multiple cities: the ABA Judicial Interships
Stay on top of eDiscovery News via THE POSSE LIST by following us on Facebook and Twitter
to read more, click below for our websites
Problems, questions, suggestions?
If you have any questions or suggestions please
Forward this email
rosaclaire by manager |
The Posse List | 3430 Connecticut Ave. NW | Cleveland Park Station | POB 11860 | Washington | DC | 20008
According to my Facebook news feed, ACBA’s YLD still needs volunteers to wrap presents and deliver them to needy kids on December 8. Come on, how fun does that sound? Email Jill at Jill.beck at pa courts dot us to help out.
Via WSJ Law Blog
We’ve talked about the negotiations before, & now K&L Gates has officially announced that both sets of partners have approved a merger with Australia’s Middleton law firm. Now is time for all the denizens of K&L’s downtown crystal palace to request transfers to Australia.
Are you planning to go to this party at a Taste of Downtahn (which has the cutest sign) on December 6? Today is the last day to RSVP! Email Pam at pdececco at acba dot org.
- Want to be an escrow attorney? As I understand from homebuying, this entails making a couple of phone calls and then getting a fat commission. [Craigslist]
- Also, Lawrence Brudy & Associates is hiring a litigation attorney. [Craigslist] (They are either huge, or go through attorneys pretty fast given how often they advertise on Craigslist. Glassdoor would suggest the latter.)
- Downtown law firm looking for an immigration attorney. [Maxhire]
- Want to be a conflicts analyst at K&L Gates? I hear they have a nice lunchroom. [Monster.com]%d bloggers like this: